Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back in the Game

For the past week, I've been sidelined from running due to a random pain in my leg.  It has been AWFUL to have to sit on the couch and ice my leg multiple times a day when I should be out running.  There were so many times I thought about going for a run, but as long as my leg was still hurting when I was just walking around, I knew it would be better if I gave it time to heal.  I limited myself to only doing TRX, and I even had to adjust some of the things I was doing there to compensate for my leg injury.  I am proud to say all those annoying days of sitting back and not running paid off!

Sunday night, I ran a mile just to see how everything felt.  I was so happy to find that I had no pain in my leg!  YAY!  I made sure to ice it that night as usual, so I wouldn't wake up in pain the next morning.  Everything worked out so well that last night, I actually ran 3.1 miles!  It was hard, and my time wasn't anything worth getting excited about, but I pushed myself past the 2 miles I had been running when the pain started.  I am so proud of myself and my body for going the distance and getting it done. 

I'm ready to get back into training for my 3rd half marathon.  I have a goal to run a race in every state and so far I have conquered Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, and Louisiana.  If you know of a good half marathon that I should do let me know!  Even if it's in one of the above mentioned states, that's okay too!

Look out world, I'm back in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment