Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Back!

Wow!  Sorry I've been MIA for awhile.  A lot of craziness has happened.  Shortly after my last post, I found out I was pregnant and somehow managed to lock myself out of my account.  Fast forward to today, and I am the proud mother of a 2 month old, happy and healthy baby boy, and I managed to figure out how to get back into my account.  That's a definite win!  I am going to be adding some new things and making a couple changes.

First, it is important for you to know that I had some complications during pregnancy, and I wasn't allowed to run.  I was sidelined from running for about 9 months.  I recently started back, and I've been able to work myself up to a mile!  Thats huge for someone who hasn't run in 9 months.  I'm also getting used to my new, post-pregnancy body.  Not all of it is the way I would like it yet, but I am giving it time and patience, and I know it will all work out in the end.  I carried extra pockets of amniotic fluid while pregnant, so I became a giant version of myself.  I explained it to a friend who was seeing me for the first time in a long time by saying that I looked like the person that ate my former self.  I think right before I delivered I was either 205-210.  Last time I went to the doctor, I weighed in at 160 something, so I am happy with my progress and the direction it is going.

I was food conscious before I got pregnant, but I am even more conscious of what is going in now that I've got a little one to think about.  I'm all about farmers markets, farms, fresh food, etc.  This is why I want to highlight farms, farmers markets, etc.  from all over.  I want you to be informed about what is out there and your options.  I'm going to call it "Farm Fresh Fridays".  All I ask from you is that you let me know what areas you'd like me to highlight, and what you'd like to know.  I will get all the information and give you everything right here on my blog.

If you're following me on Facebook, you will notice my name changed to Running Mama.  If you'd like to be following me on Facebook, here's the link to my page. https://www.facebook.com/GirlInAsics .  I'm still the same person, but being a mom changes you in such a beautiful and profound way.  I wanted my little man to be a part of this journey with me.  He is, after all, my new running buddy!  I'm going to be getting a jogging stroller very soon, so he can go running with me.  I have been looking at the BOB Ironman.  If you have any advice or knowledge about this stroller, please let me know.  I am all ears!

I will also be posting recipes from time to time. Please let me know what you'd like to see more of, and I will make it happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment