Monday, September 2, 2013

Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right!

   So I have been hearing all about this show My Big Fat Revenge.  I decided to watch the first episode and see what it was all about.  I have to say that I was not at all pleased by what I saw with this show for many reasons.

1. They spent probably about 1 minute in the entire show showing the girls exercising.  They didn't spend any time talking about healthy eating, tips to cure sugar cravings, etc.  They mostly showed a lot of pushups and weightlifting and 1 short clip of one of the girls running with weights.  Even my husband said, "Where's the cardio?" 

2.  The entire show is centered around people getting their revenge on someone for making them feel bad about their weight.  While I am sympathetic towards these people for the way someone made them feel small, inadequate, and insecure,  I don't see how getting revenge on someone shows that you have grown, changed, or matured from the situation.  They're stooping to the level of their "haters" and in the end, they are just as bad.  Anyone who gets pleasure from hurting someone or seeing someone hurt is, in my opinion, disgusting.  Going after someone who hurt you is just showing them that they have won.  You are letting them know that for however long, you have carried them around with you.  You have thought about them and let them be a part of your life all this time because you couldn't move on and forgive and forget.  In situations like these, you usually have a  determined outcome you'd like to have from the person who hurt you, but usually once you receive this determined outcome, you realize you don't feel as good as you thought you would. 

3.  If you are going to lose weight, it needs to be a lifestyle change for yourself.  You don't EVER need to lose weight for someone else, because eventually, hopefully, you will grow up and move on and stop caring about that person.  Once you stop caring about them, you won't keep the weight off unless you decided to change for yourself!

Well let me know how you feel if you've seen it.  These are my opinions, and you're entitled to your own, but I hope I gave you some things to think about.  Let me know if you agree or disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment